Monday, July 8, 2013

Thnx 4 Da Memories Dearest Onesie

I began collecting onesies in 2009 because something devious in me knew that I could twerk da quirk of an article of clothing that required ceremonial jumping and then wiggling into and getting butt naked in public washrooms. Oh blessed be the uniform racks of Value Village and Urban Outfitters' Women's Sale Collection of 2010! My onesie wonder years included gems of canvas cargo, Where the Wild Things Are, boob decal of course, 80's aerobix spandexx of course. But where are they now? Whom knows!

Featured in this post is the onesie that started it all. Black satin basic thing with a button up back, straight leg pant,pockets, and not much else to it. And then I found an elastic belt with plastic white roses. And then I found my first knit headband. And then I went on my first walk all over downtown date with my bestest of friendses and explored Harbourfront with all its glory! 

Eventually I lost knit band three times to the subway, as well the belt in a forest on a drunken summer night. The term onesie was taken over by romper or jumpsuit. And they got cool. Onesie numero one was stashed away for a few years til something new came along. So then I made that something new come along in the form of bedazzled boob decal! Perhaps I should've made a DIY post for this but maybe next time. 
Fig.1; DailyBooth pic when I was known as SPIICtacular and DB existed with the caption,"I'd be jealous too if I didn't own this onesie."


Fig.2; All new numero one to keep me clothed for days of delusional romance and hanging with monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment